Wednesday, December 11, 2013

“That's what I believe. I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is improbably biased toward consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed.” - The Fault in Our Stars



Hello Readers! So, I bought this Timeless Treasures Space Galaxy on Fabric.com a while ago and I wanted to make the Belladone from Deer and Doe with it. I often look on Modcloth to get inspired and I found the Universal Stunner Dress  (129.99$) with an amazing print. It reminded me a bit of my fabric so I decided to make a copycat. I used the top of the dress in the Vogue pattern 8766 and I made some modifications of the neck line and made a lining. The sleeves are from the coat pattern in the BurdaSewing Handbook and the bottom is made of a big rectangle.  
Bonjour lecteurs! Alors, j'ai acheté un tissu d'espace sur Fabric.com il y a quelque temps et je voulais me faire la Belladone de Deer and Doe avec. Je regarde souvent sur Modcloth pour m'inspirer et j'ai découvert l'Universal Stunner Dress (129.99$) avec un imprimé génial. Me rappelant un peu mon tissu, alors j'ai décidé d'en faire un copycat. J'ai utilisé le haut du patron de Vogue 8766 et j'ai modifié le collet pour avoir la forme d'un coeur et j'ai fait une doublure. Pour les manches, j'ai utilisé le patron du manteau dans le livre de Burda, et le bas est composé d'un gros rectangle. 



The facts : 
Fabric : Cotton
Pattern: I made it, but I used as a base the top of the 8766 from Vogue and the sleeves from the Burda Handbook
Year: 2013
Notions: Lining + invisible zipper


Les faits : 
Tissu : Coton 
Patron : Je l'ai fait, mais comme base j'ai utilisé le haut de Vogue 8766 et les manches du livre de Burda
Année : 2013
Notions : Doublure + invisible zipper

I think that it could be my Christmas dress! With a black belt and some tights, it still looks classy (even with this kind of print). Now, when I will be wearing this dress, I'm gonna see stars all day!! I'm really happy with the result. I took my time, no rush, made the modifications where I had to and now, it's really my kind of dress :) I really love dresses, I should sew more of them!!
Je crois que ça pourrait être ma robe de Noël! Avec une ceinture noire et des collants, ça reste assez classe (même avec ce genre d'imprimé). Maintenant, quand je vais la porter, je vais voir les étoiles toute la journée!! Je suis vraiment heureuse avec le résultat. J'ai pris mon temps, sans presse, en faisant les modifications où il y en avait besoin et voilà, mon type de robe :) J'adore les robes, je devrais en coudre plus!!


A DALEK IN MY CHRISTMAS TREE!!! Even if it's a bad villain, I just love this little fella! And YES, since I'm a fan of Doctor Who, I kind of fell like the Tardis in that dress, an other reason to wear it!! 
UN DALEK DANS MON ARBRE DE NOEL!!! Même si c'est un méchant, je l'aime beaucoup! Et OUI, comme je suis fan de Doctor Who, je me sens un peu comme le Tardis dans cette robe, une autre raison de la porter!!


Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress and the Dalekornament is adorable! You certainly have starts twinkling in your eyes :-)
    just curious: why did you change the bodice of the belladone? i quite like the slightly heart-shaped neckline in your new bodice :-)

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !!
      And actually, I didn't use the belladone at all! I made up a dress with different parts of different patterns.

      Delete
  2. We both feel the same in our galaxy dress :) I really like your dress! So classy! Btw, you just scored some extra points for the Dalek in your tree :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now right!! haha And I really love yours too :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THIS DRESS! That print is great - definitely the prettiest galaxy print I've seen - I like your dress even better than the inspiration! ... and a Dalek ornament for the WIN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love space patterns, this dress is unbelievable! Looks like something that would come out of my closet, hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quel joli tissu ! J'adore ! Cette jolie robe te va très bien, j'aime le décolleté cœur :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Merci :) En plus, c'est vraiment plus facile à créer que ça en en donne l'impression!!

      Delete
  6. Wow Maude this is gorgeous!!! Such a pretty dress I love love love the pattern it suits you perfectly!! You're so clever. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! :) So nice to read that!

      Delete
  7. Wow! I am so in love with this dress! The print is so gorgeous and fun, but not over the top. My Doctor Who decorations aren't on the tree yet. One is in progress and one I haven't even started. I guess I better get on it. At least my Golden Snitch decoration is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with this print the second I saw it ! :) Good to know I'm not the only one who love weird print. haha Thanks a lot and good luck for your decorations !!

      Delete
  8. Bonjour, je découvre ton, blog via Thread and Needle auquel je participe aussi. Bravo pour cette belle robe de Noël ! Bonnes fêtes !

    ReplyDelete