Sunday, December 8, 2013

“One, there are so many lives. How we wish we could live them concurrently instead of one by one by one. We could select the best pieces of each, stringing them together like a strand of pearls. But that's not how it works. A human life is a beautiful mess.” - Elsewhere


This is one of the most easiest pattern I've ever used, giving me the chance to make a super comfy garment in about 2 hours. With a knit fabric, it is way too much comfortable. The pattern that I used is figuring in the Burda Magazine from December 2013, the Sparkle Top #128A ... And who doesn't love a pattern with only 3 pieces?
Ce fut l'un des patrons les plus faciles que j'ai utilisé, me donnant la chance de faire un vêtement trop confortable en maximum 2 heures. Avec un tissu en coton/tricot trait extensible, on est beaucoup trop à l'aise dedans! Le patron utilisé se trouve dans le magazine Burda de décembre 2013, #128A... Et qui n'aime pas utiliser des patrons qui ne comportent que 3 pièces?  



The facts : 
Fabric : Stretch Knit 
Pattern: Burda Sparkle Top 12/2013 #128A
Year: 2013
Notions: None!


Les faits : 
Tissu : Coton/tricot très extensible.
Patron : Burda Magazine 12/2013 Top #128A
Année : 2013
Notions : Aucun!



The funny part is that it was supposed to be a garment for myself. I cut the size 34 (usually I wear 36 but I knew the fabric was super stretchy). Once it was finished, my mom wanted to try it because she loved the fabric and the pattern that I used. Maybe she could have one too!? Well, guess what? It was so much prettier on her!! I didn't really had the choice. I gave it to her. And I'm so happy to see her wearing it!! 
La partie un peu plus drôle du projet est que c'était censé être une pièce pour moi. J'ai coupé la taille 34 (habituellement je porte du 36, mais je savais que le tissu était super extensible). Quand j'ai eu fini, ma mère a voulu laisser parce qu'elle aimait le tissu et le patron. Peut-être pouvait-elle en avoir un aussi!? Et bien, devinez quoi? C'était tellement plus joli sur elle!! Je n'ai pas vraiment eu le choix et je lui ai donné. Et je suis tellement heureuse de la voir porter ma création en public!!


Happy sewing everyone!
Bonne couture tout le monde! 
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! Very kind of you to give it to your mom. It does look great on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coucou Maude,
    Je suis fan de cette création couture !
    Tu es très doué.
    Des bisous, Créatilde
    Il y a du nouveau sur le blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    What a nice shirt that you made your Mom! Great job! I love looking at your projects. Did you use bias tape around the neckline for this shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And no, I didn't. I first thought I could add a band from the same fabric, but I gave up the idea and, instead, I used two needles to make a cut finish and to avoid any weird shape (the same for the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt).

      Delete