Thursday, October 17, 2013

The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.



Hello Readers! 
Remember the outfit that I made, an orange polka dot blouse and a faux leather jacket? They didn't match so I just showed you the blouse. Well, this is the jacket !! It was the first time that I used faux leather and it was easier than I thought. You just need a particular needle and a special foot for your sewing machine, et voilà! Plus, no need for ironing, and that's joy. 
Bonjour lecteurs!
Vous vous souvenez de la tenue que j'ai fait, une chemise orange avec des pois et d'une veste/blouson en faux cuir? Ensemble, ça ne faisait vraiment pas beau alors j'ai juste montré la chemise. Et bien, voici la veste/blouson!! C'était la première fois que je cousais avec un tissu en faux cuir et c'était plus facile que je croyais. On a simplement besoin d'une aiguille et d'un pied à machine spéciaux, et voilà! En plus, pas besoin de repasser, et ça c'est la joie.

The Facts :
Fabric : Faux leather + Stretch Knit
Pattern: Burda Magazine 08/2013 #113, Puff Sleeve Jacket 
Year: 2013
Notions: 1 zipper
Time to complete: I took my time, I have no idea.


Les faits : 
Tissu : Faux cuir + Tissu en tricot extensible
Patron : Revue Burda 08/2013 #113, Spencer Lady Cuir
Année : 2013
Notions : 1 fermeture éclairs
Temps pour compléter : J'ai pris mon temps, je ne sais pas.


I used the pattern #113 from the Burda Magazine 08/2013, the "Puff Sleeve Jacket". I often buy the magazine, I always have a thousand ideas, but I never really use the patterns in it. This time, I just knew that I had to make this jacket. I used two types of fabric, one faux leather with a print of little squares on it that I bought on fabric.com and one stretch black knit. 
J'ai utilisé le patron #113 du magazine Burda 08/2013, le "Spencer Lady cuir". J'achète souvent le magazine, j'ai toujours milles idées, mais au final, je n'utilise presque jamais les patrons. Cette fois-ci, j'ai su que je devais tout simplement faire le "Spencer". J'ai utilisé 2 types de tissus, un faux cuir que j'ai acheté sur Fabric.com et un autre en tricot extensible noir.

The principal modification that I made was about the sleeves. That fabric that I used has a texture on it, some little black squares. With the puffed sleeve, it looks way too clownish and it was really weird. Instead off folding the top of the sleeves 8 times like the pattern required, I've only folded it twice.  I also don't understand why there's a curve in the sleeves. Are we supposed to stand with our arms in a 90 degrees like robots all the time? I've cut them a bit because the were a bit too big for my arms, but the curve is still there. With the contrast of the two fabrics that I used it's cute. I've also omitted to sew the collar to create a new style, I add a zipper instead of hooks and eyes and there's no lining.
La principale modification que j'ai faite fut les manches. Le tissu que j'ai utilisé à une texture, de petits carrés noirs. Avec les manches bombés, ça donnait un effet "clown" et c'était un peu bizarre. Sommes-nous supposés de nous tenir avec les bras en 90 degrés tout le temps? Au lieu de plier 8 fois le haut des manches comme le veut le patron, j'ai seulement plié mon tissu 2 fois. Aussi, je ne comprends pas pourquoi les manches ont une courbe. Je les ai un peu coupé, car les manches étaient beaucoup trop grosses pour mes bras, mais la courbe est toujours présente. C'est un peu étrange, mais avec le contraste des deux tissus ça donne un beau résultat. J'ai aussi omis de coudre le collet pour créer un nouveau style, j'ai ajouté une fermeture éclaire au lieu de crochets et il n'y a pas de doublure.

Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

8 comments:

  1. This is one pattern I have marked to make too. Love your fabric & the overall shape of the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wouaw ! Trop belle ! Tu m'encourages à essayer le faux cuir, merci.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! :)
      Et je te dis FONCE! C'est plus simple qu'on le croirait. Mais attention, c'est un tissu qui donne vraiment chaud à porter haha

      Delete
  3. Your jacket looks amazing, great job! I just finally got the items needed to make this jacket ( http://mpbymaude.blogspot.com/2013/09/amelia-pond-like-name-in-fairy-tale.html ) and I hope it comes out as nice looking as yours! Mine is gonna be green with brown lining. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :)
      And it looks like an awesome choice for the jacket! If you want to send me a picture of it when it will be completed, I would like to see it!!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty jacket! I should start working in my winter coat! I'ts all ready getting chilly in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And chilly? Here, there's already snow ! hahah But sewing coat is great so I guess it's not totally a bad thing :)

      Delete