Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Amelia Pond, like a name in a fairy tale


Afterword, by Amelia Williams. 
Hello, old friend, and here we are. You and me, on the last page. By the time you read these words, Rory and I will be long gone. So know that we lived well, and were very happy. And above all else, know that we will love you, always. Sometimes I do worry about you, though. I think once we're gone, you won't be coming back here for a while, and you might be alone, which you should never be. Don't be alone, Doctor. And do one more thing for me. There's a little girl waiting in a garden. She's going to wait a long while, so she's going to need a lot of hope. Go to her. Tell her a story. Tell her that if she's patient, the days are coming that she'll never forget. Tell her she'll go to sea and fight pirates. She'll fall in love with a man who'll wait two-thousand years to keep her safe. Tell her she'll give hope to the greatest painter who ever lived and save a whale in outer space. Tell her this is the story of Amelia Pond. And this is how it ends.

Can it be more sad? ... I might had watched a bit too much episodes from Doctor Who lately and that's why I made a copycat outfit of Amy Pond from "The angels take Manhattan", one of the best episode, one of the saddest and one of the scariest (yes, these angels are freaky!).
Est-ce que ça peut être plus triste? ... J'ai peut-être trop écouté d'épisodes de Doctor Who récemment et c'est pour cette raison que j'ai fait un copycat d'un habit d'Amelia Pond dans "The angels take Manhattan", un des meilleurs épisodes, un des plus tristes et un des plus épeurant (oui, ces anges font trop peur!). 




This is a really easy pattern to make! It's a jacket/coat for the end of the summer, the beginning of autumn and there is no lining. A perfect pattern for beginners! I bought a mustard fabric and I think I'm falling in love with this colour, even if I hate yellow. The fabric comes from Fashion Fabric Club and it's a really nice web site to buy only fabrics, except for the price of the shipping.
Il s'agit d'une patron vraiment facile à faire! C'est un manteau/veste pour la fin d'été ou le début d'automne et il n'y a aucune doublure. Un patron parfait pour les débutants! J'ai acheté un tissu moutarde et je crois que je suis en amour avec cette couleur, même si je déteste le jaune. Le tissu provient de Fashion Fabric Club et c'est un site vraiment bien pour acheter du tissu en ligne, excepté les frais de transport. 




Just because I'm a bit lazy, I didn't want to buy threads to my serger. Instead, I took my time to make french seams, and it is so much prettier! It gives a professional finish that I love! I could almost wear it upside down and I'm sure people wouldn't even notice!!
Juste parce que je suis un peu paraisseuse, je n'ai pas voulu acheter de fils pour ma surjeteuse. À la place, j'ai pris mon temps pour faire des coutures françaises anglaises (même si la traduction d'anglais (french seams) au français donnerait des coutures françaises!), et c'est tellement plus jolie! Ça donne un finit plus professionnel que j'aime! Je pourrais presque porter mon manteau à l'envers et on n'y verrait que du feu!! 


I really like the style of this jacket. I would never though that I could like something like that one day, and finally, I can't wait to wear it! Unfortunately, it's starting to be wayyy too cold here so it might stay in my closet for a couple of months, but I still love it! This feeling when we love ourselves in some clothes!! :)
J'aime beaucoup le style du vêtement. Je n'aurais jamais cru aimer quelque chose du genre un jour, et finalement, j'ai si hâte de le porter! Malheureusement, il commence à faire vraiment trop froid ici alors il risque de rester dans mon garde-robe quelques mois, mais je l'adore pareil! Ce sentiment quand on s'aime dans des vêtements!! :)



 The Facts :
Fabric : Cotton blends
Pattern: McCall's 6531
Year: 2013
Notions: 1 zipper, 6 boutons, cording and 1 elastic.
Time to complete: Many hours, I took my time!!
First worn: Not yet, it's too cold outside ...
Wear again? Of course!
Total price: Eumm... Maybe 30$ ??
Les faits : 
Tissu : Mélange de coton
Patron : McCall's 6531
Année : 2013
Notions : 1 fermeture éclairs, 6 boutons, de la corde, un élastique.
Temps pour compléter : Plusieurs heures, j'ai pris mon temps!!
Première fois porté : Pas encore, il commence à faire trop froid ...
Penses-tu le porter encore? Évidemment! 
Prix total : Peut-être 30$ ??

GERONIMO !!

P-S : I almost made the shirt with a soft cotton fabric :) 
P-S : J'ai aussi fait le chandail avec un tissu en coton vraiment doux :)


Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

11 comments:

  1. I like mustard and it looks fab with red. Nice jacket https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. je ne sais pas où tu vis, mais c'est marrant que tu parle de "couture française" alors qu'en France on parle de "couture anglaise" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mon doux! Je vis au Canada et j'ai tendance à lire les blogues en anglais, alors pour moi, "french seam" ce devait être une couture française hahaha Merci !!

      Delete
  3. Great fabric colour! You've done a fabulous job, & that episode ranks amongst my faves, even though it's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I love the jacket! And your new hair colour and style is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta veste est super jolie j'en veux une comme ça depuis quelques temps je devrais sauté le pas et me la faire. Mais j'avoue que pour le patron je ne sais pas trop par ou commencer !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously gorgeous! how easy is easy exactly? :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Easy in the ''I don't have to struggle trying to find what is the next step", Everything goes into pieces and since there's no lining well, what looks hard are simply rectangles with buttonholes !! :)

      Delete
  7. I just bought this pattern recently, going to get it in the mail in a few days! Your blog post really helped me visualize it better, thank you! It will be my first time sewing a jacket, but I hope I can get it to look as good as yours anyways. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You will see, this is not a difficult pattern :P Even if it looks hard!! Send me a link to your blog (if you have one), I would like to see it.

      Delete