Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Purple blouse


How many of you are watching the TV show "New girl" with Zooey Deschanel? If you don't, shame on you, you are missing an incredible funny entertaining (ok, you must certainly see me has the girl who only watch tv and copy the clothes, but not, i'm not that kind of girl, I have a life!) The principal character is Jess, a weird girl with an amazing wardrobe. In one of the episode, she is wearing a black skirt with a little pink-purple blouse and since a blouse is a perfect all day piece, I have decided to make me one. I already made 2 or 3 blouses with the Vogue pattern 8772 so I decided to use, instead, the pattern 6649 from McCall's and I love it even more than the other! 
Combien d'entres vous écoutent la série TV "New girl" avec Zooey Deschanel? Si vous ne l'écoutez pas, vous manquez tellement quelque chose d'incroyablement drôle et de divertissant. (Ok, je dois vraiment passer pour la fille qui ne fait qu'écouter la télé et recopier, mais je vous rassure, ce n'est pas le cas!). Le personnage principal, c'est Jess, et en plus d'être drôle, elle possède une garde-robe de l'enfer. Dans un épisode, elle porte une petite jupe noire avec une chemise rose-mauve. Étant donné qu'une chemise est un morceau parfais pour tous les jours, j'ai décidé de m'en faire une. J'en ai déjà fait 2 ou 3 avec le patron 8772 de Vogue alors pour une fois, j'ai décidé de prendre le patron 6649 par McCall's et je l'adore presque plus que l'autre! 


(My attempt to make the same pose!)
(C'est ce que ça donne essayer de faire la même pose!)

We don't really see the blouse in the picture, but we still see the resemblance. I had some trouble with the pattern because I might be sewing since a long time, I have problem with blouse. I'm still proud of it and I'm making progress with my baby, my sewing machine! 
On ne voit pas vraiment la chemise dans la photo, mais on voit bien la ressemblance. J'ai eu quelques problèmes avec le patron parce que j'ai bien beau coudre depuis longtemps, j'ai toujours des problèmes avec les chemises. J'en reste fière and je fais des progrès avec mon bébé, ma machine à coudre!


The Facts :
Fabric : Cotton
Pattern: McCall's 6649
Year: 2013
Notions: 7 buttons
Time to complete: 2 days, I took my time...
First worn: Already worn, and not just once!
Wear again? Oh yes I will.
Total price: 20$ ? 
Les faits : 
Tissu : Cotton
Patron : 6649 par McCall's
Année : 2013
Notions : 7 boutons
Temps pour compléter : 2 jours, j'ai pris mon temps.
Première fois porté : Déjà porté, et pas juste une fois! 
Penses-tu le porter encore? Oh oui!
Prix total : 20$ ? 


I'm now making my Mathilde Blouse by Tilly, I will post it soon. 
Je suis maintenant en train de faire ma Mathilde Blouse par Tilly, je vais écrire le tout bientôt.

And since google readers will end up soon, don't forget to follow me with bloglovin' !! :)
Avec les lectures de blog via google qui ferment bientôt, n'oubliez pas de me suivre via bloglovin' !! :)
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

6 comments:

  1. I really like the purple checks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And I love New Girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very nice on you ! I just went through your whole blog and loved it !
    I was wondering, since you look rather "petite" like me, what size you were... I was thinking of purchasing this pattern, but it starts at 8 and I'm a 6 (34 en france) I was wondering if it would be worth it or if it wouldn't too big a job to resize it...
    Anyway, your work is very inspirational, thanks for sharing it.

    PS : I saw your work first on Thread and Needles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I've already used this pattern at least 5 times and I seriously don't regret it.
      In real life, I'm wearing XS and a size 4. When it comes to sewing I usually wear 8 or 10, but with this pattern the size 8 is great. And I think it would be easy to make some changes on it if it's too big. Even if it's a blouse, you can adjust the side of the front and back pieces and it could totally work!
      I also use the pattern 8772 from Vogue. This one start at size 6 and it's the size that I use with this pattern.
      Happy sewing and thank you for reading me! :) If you ever have other questions, just ask!!

      Delete