Wednesday, March 27, 2013

(Almost) Belle's outfit #4


Here is my (almost) fourth inspiration from Belle in Once Upon a Time. Almost, because I wasn't able to:
1- Find a lace fabric with circles (and not flowers).
2- Find a blue lace fabric. 

I bought a white lace fabric that I wanted to dye in blue but my parents didn't want me too because they think it could stain the washer. 
Voici mon (presque) quatrième vêtement inspiré par Belle dans Once Upon a Time.  Presque, car je n'ai pas pu : 
1- Trouver un tissu en dentelle fait de cercles et non de fleurs.
2- Trouver un tissu en dentelle bleu. 
J'ai acheté un tisse en dentelle blanc que je voulais teindre bleu, mais mes parents ont cru que ça pourrait tacher la laveuse. 


I used the pattern 8766 from Vogue and I made a modification on the top of the dress to make a heart shape, just like the one Belle is wearing. So even if it's not blue, it still look alike! Plus, with the white fabric, it looks like a dress that Taylor Swift has!  
J'ai utilisé le patron 8766 de Vogue et j'ai fait une modification pour le haut de la robe pour former une forme en coeur, comme celle que porte Belle. Alors même ce n'est pas bleu, ce se ressemble pareil! Même que, avec le tissu blanc, ca ressemble à une robe que possède Taylor Swift! 



The Facts :
Fabric : Cotton and Lace
Pattern: Vogue 8766
Year: 2013
Notions: 1 zipper
Time to complete: 3-4 hours.
First worn: Not yet, but it's a cute summer dress or for a special occasion.
Wear again? Oh yes I will.
Total price: 25$ ? 
Les faits : 
Tissu : Cotton et Dentelle
Patron : Vogue 8766
Année : 2013
Notions : 1 fermeture éclaire 
Temps pour compléter : 3-4 hours.
Première fois porté : Pas encore, mais c'est une belle petite robe d'été ou pour une occasion spéciale. 
Penses-tu le porter encore? Oh oui!
Prix total : 25$ ?
 


For a blacklight style (the shape of the dress appears really clearly) :
Pour un effet blacklight (la forme de la robe apparait très clairement) :  


What do you think ?? 
Qu'est-ce que vous en pensez? 
Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !

11 comments:

  1. Very cute dress! I can believe that blue lace in that shade is probably very hard to find! I want to try dyeing fabric one day but for now I am too chicken. I even bought some dye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Très jolie et elle te va bien (et je la trouve mieux en blanc)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty dress I love it! You are working your way through Belles wardrobe pretty quickly lol! Such a pretty lace dress though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Beautiful! And the white is lovely on you. I am trying to make one myself using a pattern I have on hand that doesn't have instruction for lace(this is the first time I am using lace.) Did you sew the lace and lining together at all the seams? And what did you do about the neck on the lining since it is shorter than the lace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      And for the lace, it's super easy to use : use it like any other fabric! The bottom and the top are sewed together (cotton + fabric) and for the bottom, it's two separates parts (by that I mean I made a bottom with the white fabric and one with the lace). For the neck, I sewed both fabric together with some white bias. It might all seems confuse but if you have any author question, just ask! :) Good luck.

      Delete
  5. Elle est très réussie et tu la portes à merveille. Comme FannCy, je la trouve moi aussi mieux en blanc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wahou je viens de decouvrir ton blog sur hellocoton mais tu fais des chose extra !! c'est superbe
    bisous
    lude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoua super jolie ta robe, tu es vraiment doué =)
    Bsx

    ReplyDelete